This is my collection of bookmarks mostly related to computers and the UNIX operating system.
UNIX and Derivatives
These bookmarks link to sites which should help you understand UNIX internals and programming model.
- The TTY Demystified
- An excellent introductory article on TTYs. Covers history, relationship to processes, jobs, sessions and signals, as well as basic configuration.
- One man UNIX
- A single-tasking UNIX clone for the Motorola 6809 microprocessor
- The Computer History Simulation Project
- This site contains simulators of “ancient” computer systems like PDP-7, PDP-11 and VAX. You could, for instance, run UNIXv7 on a PDP-11 and hope to experience at least a bit of what Ken and Dennis felt back then.
- RECC – The Robert Elder Compiler Collection
- RECC, is a collection of programming tools that includes a C compiler, a specification for a very simple and easy to emulate CPU, a toy microkernel, some assembly language specifications, and much more.
• • •