Below is a list of my articles, notes, tutorials, idea writeups and other texts, roughly ordered by date of first publication (newest first).
- Crashing Scratch and Snap! for fun and education
- A fun way to introduce concepts such as dynamic memory allocation and memory leaks to young programmers who are learning to program in Scratch and Snap!.
- Suspending a root shell started with su
- Ever used su to get root shell, then tried CTRL-Z to suspend it and get back to your user shell? Read on to learn an alternative way of doing it.
- And they say they haven't received your e-mail
- It is not unusual that people claim they haven't received your e-mail. Learn how to obtain a proof that your message has been sent and delivered to their mailbox.
- A hole in the code
- A short theoretical discussion on how code relocation might lead to an improved cache performance.
- Multiple snapshots in VMware Player
- VMware Player can't make multiple VM snapshots. Read how you can simply add the snapshot functionality yourself.
- Runtime profiling with gprof
- Collecting profiling information at run time; particularly useful for programs with excessively long execution times (e.g. scientific calculations).
• • •