This is my collection of bookmarks mostly related to computers and the UNIX operating system.
- The TTY Demystified
- An excellent introductory article on TTYs. Covers history, relationship to processes, jobs, sessions and signals, as well as basic configuration.
- One man UNIX
- A single-tasking UNIX clone for the Motorola 6809 microprocessor
- The Computer History Simulation Project
- This site contains simulators of “ancient” computer systems like PDP-7, PDP-11 and VAX. You could, for instance, run UNIXv7 on a PDP-11 and hope to experience at least a bit of what Ken and Dennis felt back then.
- Actually using ed
- A great comprehensive tutorial on using ed.
About the C programming language
- Why does calloc exist?
- Explains why calloc() is not simply malloc() which zeroes out memory.
- RECC – The Robert Elder Compiler Collection
- RECC, is a collection of programming tools that includes a C compiler, a specification for a very simple and easy to emulate CPU, a toy microkernel, some assembly language specifications, and much more.
• • •